I like rogues, always have. Not criminals, gangsters or madmen – I’m not the bloke who roots for the bad guy at the movies – but rogues. People who don’t conform; people who are prepared to go that bit further to get what they want. Perhaps I just wish I was a little bit more [...]
My current role, as a director of The PR Company, is not my first brush with public relations. Back when I was studying for my NCTJ reporting exams I dabbled in the dark arts to raise a bit of extra revenue and build a portfolio for job interviews. I was cheap (that much hasn’t changed) [...]
During the final months of my last reporting job, I became more than a little disillusioned with the state of local journalism. Part of this sentiment was fuelled by reading Nick Davies’ seminal work Flat Earth News, that’s true, (although I can’t have learned those lessons too well – I now work in PR) but [...]
In the immediate aftermath of the 1992 general election a catch-phrase was born so brazen it would be wheeled out in one form or another in every subsequent high-profile political battle.
It didn’t come from well rehearsed MP’s rhetoric – none of which is remembered by anyone except analysts, pundits and speech writers – but a [...]
A journalist friend of mine recently inquired how my transition into PR was going. In fact his exact words were: “Are you bathing in liquid gold, eating endangered species and surrounded by topless beauties as usual this afternoon?”
I was, at the time, working on a proposal for a sewage treatment company, but didn’t have the [...]
Nick is a director at the public relations company in Hull. He helps companies and individuals communicate the messages important to them, ensuring success for their businesses.
- Words and Phrases That Really Wind Me Up 22. Jul, 2010
- Marriage and the Confessions of a Tweedaholic 05. May, 2010
- Holy Shit, What’s Happened to My Head? 26. May, 2010
- He’s Not From This World 11. Aug, 2010
- Madder Hatters and English Men Part II 18. Mar, 2011
- Sex, Lies and Videotapes 14. Nov, 2012
- Don’t Vote, it Only Encourages Them* 06. Sep, 2012
- Straight Man, Funny Man and Olympic Legacies 14. Aug, 2012
- Pride, False Prophets and Making a Difference 30. Jul, 2012
- A Nation’s Hope 17. May, 2012
- nickglaves: Cheers Johnny boy ... is The West Wing written by ...
- John Connolly: Great post :) You should definitely watch The W...
- nickglaves: Hi Ed, good to hear from you. You're right, deligh...
- Ed Moss: How true Nick! And all is bolstered with a libe...
- James Brewing: Cool site. Keep up the fantastic work!...