So there I was in the bathroom, attending to my morning ablutions, when I caught sight of myself in the mirror and recoiled violently. Fine, I’m no Brad Pitt its true, but still, that doesn’t usually happen. Anyway, after steadying my nerves, I dared to take a second peek, this time checking out my face from every angle I could contort it into. What confronted [...]
Surprise, surprise – after 13 years of Labour rule, and the establishment of a quango specifically charged with getting more poor kids into the country’s top universities, there is now less chance of a working class teenager attending Oxbridge than before the party came to power.
Indeed, according to figures released this week, the richest fifth of UK [...]
Sockage is a much ignored aspect of gentlemanly attire, which is a shame. While it would be an exaggeration to suggest a man can be well dressed in socks and socks alone, it is certainly true the right choice of hosiery elevates further a well-orchestrated outfit. In his definitive work, Gentleman: A Timeless Guide to [...]
Oscar Wilde was a far-sighted man. “Anyone who lives within their means,” he lamented, “suffers from a lack of imagination.”
One of our clients, accountants RSM Tenon, reported last week that personal insolvencies in the UK had reached a record high in March, topping 14,000.
By the end of that month, the UK’s total personal debt had risen to £1,460bn.
And to think, [...]
Life must be tiring for the modern day, media-savvy lefty. I came to this conclusion yesterday as, due to the strenuous demands of a modern-day PR agency, my sole source of election info was Twitter. If the venomous missives darting about are anything to go by then this coalition has got many of them hot under [...]
No human endeavour quite tests the meaning of words like politics. Take for instance, stable; a word which has seen the light of day rather too often for my liking over the last few days. The OED defines stable as something firmly fixed or established; not likely to move.
Look up strong and you’ll find listed, among others, [...]
Reviewing just a small amount of election coverage this morning reminded me of a very old and rather pathetic joke … What do triggernometry and an erection have in common? Answer: The more you think about them, the harder they get. Ha-blood-ha. However, it does kind of sum up how I and a few others [...]
A person’s wedding day, it is generally agreed, is, or should be, the happiest day of their lives’. Well if that’s the case then my own nuptials, due to take place in just a few short weeks, better be good – I mean really good – because they’ve got a lot to live up to. [...]
Nick is a director at the public relations company in Hull. He helps companies and individuals communicate the messages important to them, ensuring success for their businesses.
- Words and Phrases That Really Wind Me Up 22. Jul, 2010
- Marriage and the Confessions of a Tweedaholic 05. May, 2010
- Holy Shit, What’s Happened to My Head? 26. May, 2010
- He’s Not From This World 11. Aug, 2010
- Madder Hatters and English Men Part II 18. Mar, 2011
- Sex, Lies and Videotapes 14. Nov, 2012
- Don’t Vote, it Only Encourages Them* 06. Sep, 2012
- Straight Man, Funny Man and Olympic Legacies 14. Aug, 2012
- Pride, False Prophets and Making a Difference 30. Jul, 2012
- A Nation’s Hope 17. May, 2012
- nickglaves: Cheers Johnny boy ... is The West Wing written by ...
- John Connolly: Great post :) You should definitely watch The W...
- nickglaves: Hi Ed, good to hear from you. You're right, deligh...
- Ed Moss: How true Nick! And all is bolstered with a libe...
- James Brewing: Cool site. Keep up the fantastic work!...